Check Availability
Modify/Cancel Reservations
More Search OptionsReturn to Check Availability Console

Copper and Lumber Store Historic Inn


    Copper and Lumber Store Historic Inn
 in English Harbour
    Copper and Lumber Store Historic Inn
 in English Harbour

Overview

The Copper and Lumber Store Historic Inn was built in 1789 to house the materials for repairing and maintaining the wooden sailing ships of the Royal Navy. The building was an addition to the already thriving Naval Dockyard, which was later renamed Nelson's Dockyard in honor of famed Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson. In 1951, a group of preservationists, The Society of the Friends of the English Harbour, began to restore the Dockyard. That project would eventually become part of Nelson’s Dockyard National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the largest of Antigua’s National Parks.

The restoration of the Copper and Lumber Store Historic Inn was completed in 1988, with all fourteen guestrooms located within the historic structure. The Georgian-style decorated studios and suites offer antique furnishings, wood-beamed ceilings, and exposed stone and brick. Amenities include air-conditioning, flat-screen televisions, a kitchenette, and private bath. The courtyard restaurant serves Caribbean cuisine and seafood, with gorgeous views of the Dockyard.

The 18th century Copper and Lumber Store Historic Inn is near Nelson’s Dockyard National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Dockyard Museum, and The Pillars of Hercules. The inn overlooks the English Harbour and is located 3.4 km from Galleon Beach, 1.4 km from Pigeon Point Beach, and 22 km from V. C. Bird International Airport.

Copper and Lumber Store Historic Inn, a member of Historic Hotels Worldwide since 2017, dates back to 1789

Fun Fact Each of the fourteen guestrooms are named after one of Vice-Admiral Nelson's ships or the Commanders that served with him.

Original Property Opened: 1789

Historic Hotels Worldwide toll-free reservations number +1 866 670 3764


Location

Nelson's Dockyard
English Harbour
Antigua and Barbuda

Check-in time: 2:00 p.m.
Check-out time: 12:00 p.m.

Dining WiFi Family Friendly

The Romantic Era, 1770 ~ 1836

The Copper and Lumber Store Historic Inn was built in 1789 to house the materials for repairing and maintaining the wooden sailing ships of the Royal Navy. The building was an addition to the already thriving Naval Dockyard, which was later renamed Nelson's Dockyard in honor of famed Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson.

Learn more about the History of Copper and Lumber Store Historic Inn .


Close

International Numbers

Austria 08000706176
Belgium 080081830
France 805542721
Germany 8007241217
Ireland 1800995320
Italy 800979444
Netherlands 08000200956
Norway 80054304
Spain 900814719
Switzerland 0800001798
UK 8009179622
Book by Phone: +1 866 670 3764
International
Best Rate Guarantee


It appears you are using an older web browser! While using our site, you may encounter some trouble along the way. For PC users, we recommend upgrading to the latest version of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox. For Mac users, we recommend the latest version of Safari, Firefox, or Google Chrome.