The Fairmont Copley Plaza
The Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston has been a landmark in Boston's historic Back Bay since 1912. Constructed on the original site of Boston's Museum of Fine Arts, the hotel derives its name from the great American painter John Singleton Copley (1738-1774). The hotel's architect, Henry Janeway Hardenbergh, combined French and Venetian Renaissance influences on the building's facade. Since he also designed The Plaza Hotel in New York, he included a double "P" monogram along the building's exterior, in the ballroom and on doorknobs throughout the hotel.
Inside, gilded, coffered ceilings decorated with trompe l'oeil paintings soar over the grand, 5,000-square-foot lobby and period antiques are displayed throughout, with particular detailing that reinforces Copley Plaza's distinctive, refined character. A $34 million renovation and restoration project has updated each sumptuous guest room with modern amenities, adding seventeer suites, complete with antiques and artwork to give each suite an authentic feel of Bean Town. And then there's the lap of Boston luxury: Copley Plaza's Fairmont Gold--an exclusive hotel within the hotel located on the entire fourth floor of the building to deliver the highest level of service to the most discerning travelers.
The Fairmont Copley Plaza and its sister hotel, The Plaza in New York City, share the distinctive double "P" monogram, found throughout both hotels.
Original Property Opened: 1912
138 St. James Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
Phone: (617) 267-5300
Fax: (617) 247-6681
Historic Hotels of America toll-free reservations number (800) 678-8946
Turn of the Century, 1896 ~ 1913
The Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston has been a landmark in Boston's historic Back Bay since 1912. Constructed on the original site of Boston's Museum of Fine Arts, the hotel derives its name from the great American painter John Singleton Copley (1738-1774).
Learn more about the History of The Fairmont Copley Plaza.